I am a design major, not a business major. There is good reason for this. Issues dealing with the complex inner workings of companies and businesses have of no interest to me. I'm sure many designers feel this way. It sucks some of the fun out of our creative jobs. However, designers must come to realize that discovery and client expertise will substantially help to further the success of design work. It will lead to more effective, better organized designs. And, frankly, if this is the case, then I will gladly put in the work.
Do we as designers have the skills needed to fully and independently handle audience and content? Do we have the knowledge to perform our own research or is it necessary to collaborate with a team of marketers?
Reading #4
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 | Posted by Krista Richards. at 1:41 PM |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I think that it differs for every designer. Just because you go into design doesn't mean that you're bad at writing, accounting, or business. Each person has strengths and weaknesses, although it does seem that within the creative field, most designers/fine artists are a bit lacking the the business area of knowledge.
I think that yes, we can handle our own research, but it comes down to do we have time? Can someone else do it faster and with a greater comprehension? It's more about being efficient and less about whether we are capable.
Post a Comment