The Oxford Project

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 | |



In 1984, photographer Peter Feldstein photographed every resident living in the small town of Oxford, Iowa. Twenty years later he returned to photograph them again. They are now compiled in the book, The Oxford Project, alongside some really interesting interviews. I love time travel.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Peter Feldstein was my photo teacher at the University of Iowa. He also lived across the street from my grandparents in Iowa City where I grew up for a while. I love this book too for what it reveals about the texture and complexity of small town life. It's simple and profound, like the photos.

Krista Richards. said...

Very interesting. So far, I've only been able to look through the website. I went to the bookstore just to sit and look through the book, but sadly every copy was under cling wrap. I hate when they do that.

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see Verona in a photo journal. Read about this is People. How did Peter find your blog?